Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quotes Inspired by Cities

I love getting furniture store catalogs in the mail...they are great idea generators, very therapeutic, and inspirational.

Yesterday I was even more wowed by Restoration Hardware's catalog around the theme of "Big Style Small Spaces," not so much because of its great ideas of how to turn small apartments into stylish homes, but because of its compilation of quotes from iconic figures inspired by particular cities around the world.

Barcelona
"This is where it all began...there is where I understood how far I could go." - Pablo Picasso

Los Angeles
"I love Los Angeles. It reinvents itself every two days." - Billy Connolly

New York
"Once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough." - John Steinbeck

Paris
"Though I often looked for one, I finally had to admit that there could be no cure for Paris." - Ernest Hemingway

Milan
"You may have the universe if I may have Italy." - Giuseppe Verdi

No comments: