Friday, June 02, 2006

The perfect piece: Architecture & Fashion

At times I wonder about myself:
I mean there are times when I set off on a mission with a particular design in mind. I don't always know where the concept came from because until just recently I use to not indulge in fashion magazines and or television. This is a recent new mental exercise.

I have come to the resolution that these concepts are a result of some innate curiosity and vision.

Obviously Fashion Designers and Architects have their own styles too; (for better or for worst) everyone does. People tend to pick and choose and then create accordingly. Otherwise, since all the manufactures gather every year and decide on the fabrics and hues of the moment, we would all be virtually wearing the same garments with different tags over our aggregated bodily shapes. And this would just be tragic, absolute Tragedy. As it is, at an every day level, variety is minimal and when there is variety it is not necessarily always better. Perfect example, the person that you see walking in a public place and think: Why? What were they thinking?

Two questions to consider:
Why do you wear what you wear?
Why do you live how you live?

No comments: