Thursday, September 20, 2007

Street Holes

The street is a public space. It is literally the road that gives order to any city. It is the means by which we navigate and explore with a conceptual sense of cultural context.

I hate the fact that we all pay taxes and there are potholes everywhere that ruin my peace of mind while I drive around with all of the psychos on the road.

I wish there were less potholes, perhaps LA would be a nicer place, but unfortunately this is not a priority for our politicians. At a national level politicians care more about having a political penis contest than really protecting the best interests of the people who pay their salaries, at a very local level the mayor of LA can't seem to keep his penis in his pants to actually fix simple things like potholes.

And then I can't help but wonder if the press would get me out of my jam if I didn't pay my taxes because I don't think politicians deserve their compensation, maybe not since I'm not worth much to corporations because I do not have the power to give out government contracts. I say that if we really lived in a democracy then the citizens of the world should be able to have some say in the corralation between the performance of politicians and their pay, but this isn't the case.

No comments: